Friday 31 March 2017

Music // Sound

Music // Sound

When finding music for my film I was searching on You Tube. While I was editing my film I was working it around the music I had chosen. Once I had finished it I realised that the music was copywrited and therefor I had to use something else.
I researched and found multiple uncopywrited clips of music and downloaded a few to see if it would work with my film. While still editing, using other added clips and new ones I had shot for my film it began to become difficult to work it around the music.
While I was finishing off editing the second to last version of my film, I had used two different bits of music, one for the beginning and another as it would change half way through. I trialled and tested but with the split music (that didn't really work together) I realised that the two bits of music didn't help support my film very well and made it seem as if it was jagged and quickly put together.

I had decided to completely change my film about, using different clips myself and my friend (a college media student) shot when we were together. I wanted to express more of the emotional ride Cara was going on and to play on the non linear structure.
By the end of the editing I decided to use three bits of music from the website linked down bellow, which allows online media people to download non copywrited music. I decided to use an early, sad bit of music at the beginning of my piece because it helps set the scene of Cara being emotional and recovering from Daniel and the car crash (however it is interpreted). I then under layered Ancient Chinese drums which echoed and brought a level of depth was into the film. It also builds up the tension which tells the audience that something is going to happen to cause the ending of something. After the first 1:45 mins of the film it cuts and shows the title of the film, another piece of music then taking over which helps to indicate the change in time as it is uplifting which tell the audience that Cara is happy and she hasn't met the boy that will change everything, this sustain the continuity of a nonlinear structure.
http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/cinematic

No comments:

Post a Comment