Sunday 8 January 2017

Romance

Chosen genre and what you would need to include to make it look 'real' or recognizable.

The genre for my film is Romance, i chose this one because I think that any producer can have their own interpretation of what a romance film can be. I know that having a romance film will only appeal to a particular audience (age and gender will affect this chosen genre) along with the narrative of my storyline. 

By studying other romance films like If I Stay and the Notebook I followed the general plot they both had (beginning, find love, drama/tragedy, make up, gets worse, then better etc). This structural planning helped me to shape my own story and I will use this to make my film look realistic and desirable to watch.
Another thing that I would add to make my film more recognisable would be to use an Ident and Title name to show at the beggining of the film. This realistic touch will make the film more appealing and a recognisable piece that would be linked to me as a producer and company. This is would be relevant to use for future cases, because it copywrites each of the films I'd produce under my name and also link every film back to the producer (me).
One thing that is also characteristically in the beginning of films is the use of titles. These are giving credit to the people involved in making the film and it makes their names recognisable. It is a trait that is in every movie/film because it allows the audience to research the people and see what other work they have done. Using titles will make my film more real because it is a technique used in every film produced.
At the beginning of my film I will start with the Ident with non diegetic music playing underneath, this will create an atmosphere just a she film is about to start.  It is usually used in Thrillers and Dramas to build tension and foretelling what might happen within the rest of the film or at the beginning. I would want to use this in my film because I believe it will create a personality for the film, creating a more emotional response from the audience.

Overall after studying some other films to see what features in them, I will use all of the points mentioned abouve in my film as I believe they are what will make my film look more personalised, dramatic and realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment